Monday, 4 April 2011

Withdrawal Symptoms

Today I am wishing I had somewhere I "needed" to go.  Either that or wishing it was a nice day instead of this dull, miserable, chilly one.

If I "needed" to be somewhere I would be travelling there on my bike.  If it was a lovely day I could then put the dog in the basket and we could cycle off somewhere nice where he could have a run and I could have a sit in the sunshine and have some lunch alfresco.

The dog has to have a walk and on a rotten day it's no fun going off on the bike just to give him a run at the end of it, when we can just step outside the front door and walk along the seafront for as long as he needs to be out.


If I have nowhere I need to be, as in going from A to B there is no reason to get the bike out and travel around if the day isn't a nice one.

At the same time my flat needs a jolly good clean which I can't really ignore just to go out cycling.  So today I will do a jolly good cleaning so that tomorrow I am free to get on my bike.

Warning to all thinking of taking up cycling.  "Cycling is very addictive".

4 comments:

  1. It wouldn't bother me to get out and ride in the sun, rain, etc...
    I used to love to ride my bike in the rain when I was a kid growing up.
    But mainly, I would ride anyway no matter what the weather is because I need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem yesterday was that I simply had to do my housework (the place looked as if a bomb had been thrown in) and going out for a joy ride instead would have been indulgence, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... Why do today what you can do tomorrow! ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. True but then that is what I continually do until a day finally comes when I simply can't put it off, lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not wish to log in to comment, please choose from the drop down menu "name/url" - You do not need to add an url but I would appreciate a name rather than choosing anonymous. Thank you friends.