Tuesday, 10 May 2011

A Ride Out to Highcliffe Castle



Bayley and I had a lovely cycle ride today along to Highcliffe Castle.  It's actually a modern castle, built between 1831 and 1836, as one mans fantasy.  And built on the same spot where previously his Grandfather, Lord Bute, had his cliff top mansion.

Although I couldn't go inside because of having Bayley with me, the grounds and woods are beautiful to walk around.

One thing I will say is, that it was great to see the English flag, and not the Union Jack, flying, as seen in the above image.


On the right one can just see the large seating area for tea and cakes.


A beautiful walk through the Castle grounds and woods.


On the way back stopping off for a walk for Bayley and a ride for me along the cliff top.  You can just see Bayley peeping from the left waiting for me to stop and take this photo.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Very nice Sandy! I love seeing places like this. That reminds me much of a place in the mountains of my home state called 'Biltmore House & Gardens'. You can find it ez doing a google search.
    Guess Bayley really enjoys those rides you go on, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks so nice and what a great photo there with even Bayley in it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Bayley loves the bike rides, but I think it's mainly because he knows there is somewhere nice at the other end to have a run around.

    Some places I can let him safely run beside me or in front of me while he is off the lead, which is nice. He got a bit confused the first time I let him do that as he wasn't sure if he had to wait for me to put the lead on him.

    There are still many places here that I haven't explored with a bike. Going by car from A to B is so very different and one misses so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a dream of mine to one day make it to the UK and visit all those nice places.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not wish to log in to comment, please choose from the drop down menu "name/url" - You do not need to add an url but I would appreciate a name rather than choosing anonymous. Thank you friends.