Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Yearly Service & Buying a Speedometer

I put my trike in the shop early this morning for it's yearly service - far too lazy and lack enough know how to do it myself.   While I was there I decided to treat myself to a speedometer.  Not because I need or even want to know how fast I am riding, because I know that is oh so much slower than others would cycle, but because I want to keep track of my mileage.

The UK cycle route planner can tell me roughly how many mile it is from A to B, but that doesn't tell me how far I have cycled when I have just jumped on my bike on a nice day and just peddled with no specific end journey in mind.   If I am to accurately record my mileage, that will take me up to my planned 1000 miles, I did need a speedometer.

£20 for the actual service and £14.95 for the speedometer.  Also needed a new front brake which he didn't charge me for.

I had supported my bad knee with a crepe bandage so I had a little ride around on it after collection to check how a speedometer works, which clocked me up 1.3 miles to add to my ticker.

The speedometer proved to me what I have thought about my plodding traveling speed being 7 mph on the slopes and between 10 & 12 mph on the flat.  I could easily go faster but quite honestly I just enjoy being on the bike taking in the scenery, rather than pushing myself to break neck speed for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not wish to log in to comment, please choose from the drop down menu "name/url" - You do not need to add an url but I would appreciate a name rather than choosing anonymous. Thank you friends.