Saturday, 14 July 2012

DryBike Umbrellas

DryBike
We have had so much rain for so many weeks in the UK that I sat here this morning thinking how I could attach some sort of canopy or umbrella over me whilst riding.

Out of interest I searched the web to see if anyone else had come up with any innovations for keeping themselves dry.

I finally came across this site "DryBike" based in the Netherlands.  By using a language translator I was able to find out how it worked being attached to the bike.

I then, still  using the translator, emailed the company to see if they would ship to the UK.  I am hoping for a reply back soon.

The cost of the umbrella adaption would be £13:76 excluding any postage and packaging.  A bargain me thinks, and pretty neat.

4 comments:

  1. THis will be OK when there's no wind but I can foresee difficulties . We were once kayaking down a river and DH opened an umbrella to use as a sail. He took off like a balloon that had the air let out as he shot off down the river . It was like something out of the keystone cops. It was funny but it could have been dangerous. See how you go but be careful. Remember , there are few hills in Holland as well but we seem to have lots. I too am sick of the rain as it cut short our trip. Hope you can get out soon
    Brenda in the Boro

    ReplyDelete
  2. One would definitely have to be sensible choosing when to use it and when not.

    They should be ok for sudden showers in the more milder weather. They are cheap enough to give them a try I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! Thanks for reading mine.

    And the umbrellas make me smile...although I wonder what would happen in a stiff wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment and for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not wish to log in to comment, please choose from the drop down menu "name/url" - You do not need to add an url but I would appreciate a name rather than choosing anonymous. Thank you friends.