Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Day 3 of 30daysofbiking

I'm finding it quite difficult to stop what I am doing at some point in the day to get some warm clothes on and hop on my trike to just go for a quick ride around the block simply to make sure that I have my bum on the saddle regardless of needing to or of having any specific place to go, which I didn't today.

I suppose it doesn't help with the weather being so bitterly cold.  I am also at the moment having to leave my little dog behind when going for a ride because I haven't yet sorted out a safe way for her to ride with me now that she has grown too big for the front basket.  I know how I want her to travel but I haven't been able to get to the D.I.Y. store for the bit and pieces I need for the project.  Once again if the weather was much warmer that would be a project I would enjoy doing instead of keep putting it off waiting for the sun.

Life has been made easier though since buying and installing a permanent cover for the trike.  So much easier to just go down and whip the cover up and over than it was to unwrap her from previous throw over coat.  As you can see by the image, Tess' cover is really a mobility scooter cover, but after measuring Tess and looking up the measurements for this type of cover I realised that it would be so suitable.  Luckily we have a mobility shop at the top of my road so it was only a matter of quickly popping in ordering one and within 3 days they had it fitted.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea, if I could legally have something like that on my apartment patio I would but, the strata and fire department would for sure complain and have a lot to say about it when it comes to de-valuating the face of the building and getting in the way of any emergency.

    Other than that I really love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

If you do not wish to log in to comment, please choose from the drop down menu "name/url" - You do not need to add an url but I would appreciate a name rather than choosing anonymous. Thank you friends.